Don’t settle for any other van when you’re moving home. A Luton will hold loads of furniture and it has a lift to help you with any difficult items.
|Average internal rear dimensions and payload|
|Height - 2m/6’6”|
|Width at the widest point - 2m/6’6”|
|Length - 4m/13’1”|
|Maximum payload - 900kg|
|Maximum tail lift payload - 500kg|
|Luton van Pricing|
|1 day (weekday) - £91.25|
|1 day (weekend) - £130|
|Weekend - £235|
|5-day deal - £373.75|
|7-day deal - £523.25|
|28-day deal - £1300|
This information can vary between different van makes and models within the same category.
If you’d like to know the exact dimensions and maximum payload for your specific van, please check with your rental agent.
Why choose a
You’ll save yourself a lot of time and hassle if you hire a Luton van when moving home. These vans have enough space to hold all your furniture and possessions, eliminating the need to make multiple trips.
They’re also the easiest vans to load objects into – a Luton is tall enough for you to stand upright inside, it has a wide rear opening that makes manoeuvring large objects easy, and it comes with a tail lift that can help you with any difficult items. This makes it a godsend if you need to move something bulky like an American-style fridge. It’s no wonder that removal firms love using Lutons.
Just keep the maximum payload in mind – there’s lots of space in the back of a Luton but that doesn’t mean that it’ll cope with whatever you can fit in there. These vans are for moving home, not for moving weight.
Interested in hiring a Luton with a tail lift in South London or Croydon? Call 020 7277 9853 to arrange your booking.
Things to know when hiring
a Luton van
- All our Luton vans run on diesel.
- These vans have side rails in the back for securing goods. If you need straps, these can be purchased when you come to collect your van.
- You need to be aware of the height of your Luton when you’re driving. Each van has a sticker in the window where you can find all the necessary information.
- Each van receives a full service every 10,000 miles so that you don’t need to worry about reliability.
- Breakdown cover is included with every hire.
- We can deliver your van to you if required. Ask about this service if you would like more information.
What our customers say
Heading into the ULEZ?
If you’re planning to travel within the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), you’ll probably want to upgrade to one of our low emission Luton vans. These vans meet the Euro 6 standards, meaning that you’ll be able to travel within the zone without paying the daily £12.50 charge.
You don’t have to pay higher prices when you hire a low emission Luton van – just be aware that there will be a higher excess and we’ll require a £300 deposit.
A valid UK or EU driving licence
Proof of current UK address
A debit or credit card