You can use a long wheelbase van to move multiple large pieces of furniture easily, or to transport any 3m length building supplies.
|Average internal rear dimensions and payload|
|Height - 1.9m/6’3”|
|Width at the widest point - 1.75m/5’9”|
|Width between wheel arches - 1.32m/4’4”|
|Length - 3m/10’|
|Maximum payload - 950kg|
|Long wheelbase van Pricing|
|1 day (weekday) - £74|
|1 day (weekend) - £95|
|Weekend - £185|
|5-day deal - £316.25|
|7-day deal - £402.50|
|28-day deal - £950|
This information can vary between different van makes and models within the same category.
If you’d like to know the exact dimensions and maximum payload for your specific van, please check with your rental agent.
Why choose a
long wheelbase van?
A long wheelbase van gives you enough space to get most jobs done in a single trip. There’s a big difference in size between a long and a short wheelbase van – you can fit five large items of furniture in the back of a long wheelbase, compared to two in a short wheelbase. This makes a long wheelbase van a much better fit for larger moves.
All our long wheelbase vans are high top models. This makes it much easier to load and arrange items because you’ll be able to stand upright in the back. And because of the amount of space they offer, these vans are also great for transporting 3m length building supplies as well.
Long wheelbases are the perfect choice for moving out of a flat or for transporting furniture. Just like with a short wheelbase van, you may need to make multiple trips if you’re moving out of a larger property.
Interested in long wheelbase van hire in London or Croydon? Call 020 7277 9853 to arrange your booking.
Things to know when hiring
a long wheelbase van
- All our long wheelbase vans run on diesel.
- These vans have tie down points in the back for securing goods. If you need straps, these can be purchased when you come to collect your van.
- Our long wheelbase vans are high top models, so you’ll need to be aware of their height when driving. Each van has a sticker in the window where you can find all the necessary information.
- Each van receives a full service every 10,000 miles so that you don’t need to worry about reliability.
- Breakdown cover is included with every hire.
- We can deliver your van to you if required. Ask about this service if you would like more information.
Heading into the ULEZ?
If you’re planning to travel within the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), you’ll probably want to upgrade to one of our low emission long wheelbase vans. These vans meet the Euro 6 standards, meaning that you’ll be able to travel within the zone without paying the daily £12.50 charge.
You don’t have to pay higher prices when you hire a low emission long wheelbase van – just be aware that there will be a higher excess and we’ll require a £300 deposit.
A valid UK or EU driving licence
Proof of current UK address
A debit or credit card