As the name suggests, the extended long wheelbase van is perfect for transporting long lengths.
If you’re looking to move scaffold poles or 4m length building supplies, this is the van you’ll need.
|Average internal rear dimensions and payload|
|Height - 1.96m/6’5”|
|Width at the widest point - 1.75m/5’9”|
|Width between wheel arches - 1.36m/5’5”|
|Length - 4m/13’1|
|Maximum payload - 950kg|
|Extended long wheelbase van Pricing|
|1 day (weekday) - £85|
|1 day (weekend) - £112.50|
|Weekend - £210|
|5-day deal - £345|
|7-day deal - £455|
|28-day deal - £1050|
This information can vary between different van makes and models within the same category. If you’d like to know the exact dimensions and maximum payload for your specific van, please check with your rental agent.
Why choose an
extended long wheelbase van?
If you need to work with 4m length building supplies, the extended long wheelbase van is the van you’ll want for the job. Hiring one of these vans will give you enough rear space to easily move objects like rolls of carpet or scaffold poles that wouldn’t fit in smaller vans. But even though extended long wheelbase vans are designed with this purpose in mind, they’re still a great choice if you’re moving home. You’ll be able to fit five or six large items of furniture in the back at the same time.
The extra length in these vans extends behind the rear wheel – they actually have a similar wheelbase and the same maximum payload as a standard long wheelbase van. This means that even though you get additional load space, you won’t be able to carry additional weight in an extended long wheelbase van.
Interested in extended long wheelbase van hire in London or Croydon? Call 020 7277 9853 to arrange your booking.
Things to know when hiring
an extended long wheelbase van
- All our extended long wheelbase vans run on diesel.
- These vans have tie down points in the back for securing goods. If you need straps, these can be purchased when you come to collect your van.
- You need to be aware of the height of your extended long wheelbase van when you’re driving. Each van has a sticker in the window where you can find all the necessary information.
- Each van receives a full service every 10,000 miles so that you don’t need to worry about reliability.
- Breakdown cover is included with every hire.
- We can deliver your van to you if required. Ask about this service if you would like more information.
Heading into the ULEZ?
If you’re planning to travel within the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), you’ll probably want to upgrade to one of our low emission extended long wheelbase vans. These vans meet the Euro 6 standards, meaning that you’ll be able to travel within the zone without paying the daily £12.50 charge.
You don’t have to pay higher prices when you hire a low emission extended long wheelbase van – just be aware that there will be a higher excess and we’ll require a £300 deposit.
A valid UK or EU driving licence
Proof of current UK address
A debit or credit card